Crispy Zucchini Pizza
Indulge yourself with the delightful harmony of golden crispy zucchini crust pizza topped with vibrant peppers, succulent tomatoes, and a generous layer of gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 5 small bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped
- red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, ensuring that the racks are placed both at the top and bottom positions. Cover the baking sheet with the parchment paper, and lightly sprinkle it with almond flour.
2. Prepare a large piece of cheesecloth or a fresh kitchen towel. Utilize a box grater to grate the zucchini onto the cloth. Gather the corners of the cloth and press out any excess liquid over the sink. Place the grated zucchini into a generously sized bowl.
3. Crack open two eggs and blend them thoroughly with the zucchini in the bowl. Incorporate the almond flour, oregano, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, and a few twists of pepper. Mix the ingredients until they reach a dough-like consistency. If the mixture appears too moist, you can introduce a tablespoon or two more of almond flour.
4. Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and mold it into either a 10-inch round or two 5-inch rounds. Let them bake for approximately 13 minutes until the edges turn a golden brown and the crust becomes solid.
5. Take a small bowl and toss the vegetables gently with olive oil.
6. Retrieve the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle the peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, and mozzarella pieces evenly across the surface. Return it to the oven and bake for another 13 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the pizza and season with a touch more salt and pepper, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Serve while still hot.