Turkey Burger With Sweet Potato Medallions
Delicious mini-burger with sweet potato medallions and avocado pesto sauce. Healthy and easy to cook.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
For sweet potato medallions:
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into rounds
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For avocado pesto sauce:
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
1. In a large bowl add ground turkey meat, garlic, onion, pesto, salt and pepper. Mix it altogether.
2. Form small round balls of ground turkey, flattening them slightly to create a burger meat shape.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sweet potato medallions with olive oil and salt.
4. Preheat a frying pan to medium high heat.
5. Place tiny burgers on a frying pan for 6 minutes each side. Set aside.
6. Fry sweet potato medallions on the same frying pan for 5 minutes from each side.
7. Mix avocado and pesto, to make guacamole. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Now the most fun part! Assemble it all together by placing the turkey burgers on the fried sweet potato medallions, then top with a teaspoon of pesto guacamole, 1 slice of tomato and arugula.