Mitts, as an Essential Accessory for a Cold Season
Mitts are one of the main trends of the upcoming fall-winter season. This type of gloves is especially comfortable and practical in winter, while it looks elegant and incredibly attractive. Unlike regular gloves, which are distinguished by their severity, mittens will give your look a slight playfulness. Gloves combine style and functionality, protecting hands from the cold and allow you to maintain complete freedom of movement.
Mitts are fingerless gloves with a folding part of fabrics on top, usually fastened with a small button. In the upcoming season, all kinds of hand accessories will return to fashion, and some will adapt to the modern trends.
Mitts originally appeared yet in the Middle Ages, being popular mainly among the lower classes. Mitts protected from the cold during work that required to keep the mobility of the fingers. Later, mitts attracted the attention of modern fashionistas, and then became an integral accessory not only on the catwalks, but also in everyday life.
Types of mitts
In winter, knitted mittens are definitely a good choice. They effectively warm your hands, making it easy to quickly get your wallet or keys out of your pocket.
- Mitts-transformers: thanks to a special cover, they quickly turn into upgraded mittens and help protect fingers from the cold;
- Mitts-pipes: these mitts do not have special compartments for fingers and palms, and they will go well with a T-shirt;
- Mittens made of dense fabric or thin suede: an elegant choice for a stroll around the city during the fall time. They do not warm hands as well as knitted fabrics, but they look more graceful. Often these mitts are decorated with beads or leather inserts.
- Lace mittens: these mittens are richly decorated and, depending on the color, can be suitable for a variety of solemn occasions.
What to wear with mitts?
- A hat or scarf will perfectly complement the look created by mitts;
- Bright plain mitts will attract the attention of others and will be in harmony with a fashionable top or T-shirt;
- Knitted mittens will look great with tunics and knitted dresses;
- Long lace mitts would be a perfect complement to an evening or cocktail dress.