How Turmeric Can Help With Weight Loss
Turmeric is a root vegetable with a unique golden hue, originating from Asia. Turmeric has been known for thousands years. Today, this spice is used daily by more than 1 billion people and has become widely available.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient of turmeric, which gives the root its characteristic golden color, as well as boosting the immune system and slowing down cell aging.
Can you lose weight with turmeric?
Nutraceutical studies show that turmeric can help promote weight loss, reduce fat gain, and curb weight gain. In addition, the benefits of turmeric for weight loss is that it contains B vitamins, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, while remaining extremely low in calories.
How to use turmeric for weight loss?
The most interesting and most delicious option is to cook ‘Golden Milk’, which is a combination of sweet, bitter, tart and spicy flavors. It is also sometimes called a ‘turmeric latte’.
- Coconut milk – 400 ml
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Salt – to your liking
- Ground black pepper – to your liking
- Vanilla powder – to your liking
- Maple syrup – 2 tsp
How to cook:
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until light steam appears;
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, black pepper and mix gently;
- Remove the milk from the heat, let it cool slightly and add the maple syrup;
- Taste the milk and adjust the amount of spices if necessary;
- Bring the golden milk to a boil and then turn off the heat;
- Strain the drink through a fine mesh sieve. Pour into a cup and sprinkle with cinnamon.