Colombian Casserole With Quinoa and Avocado
Colombian casserole with quinoa and avocado is an easy-to-cook and delicious recipe for those who are short on time but still want to enjoy a cozy meal and warm you up on that cold fall day.
- 1/4 medium size onion
- 1/2 medium bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 7.5 oz canned beans
- 7.2 oz chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 medium lime
For the topping:
- 0.13 cup sour cream
- 0.13 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Add a little bit of oil to a large skillet and heat on a medium fire for 2 minutes.
2. Dice bell pepper and onion. Add it on a skillet together with the canned corn. Cook approximately 6-7 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
3. Add quinoa, chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
4. Cover and continue cooking for about 25 minutes on a medium-high fire until quinoa is done. Stir one more time.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper. Top with sour cream and cheese to taste.