Tommy’s Margarita is a cocktail invented in 1990 in the city of San Francisco by Julio Bermejo who was the owner of the family restaurant “Tommy’s”. Unlike in the original Margarita cocktail, Julio decided to add agave nectar (instead of Triple sec) which tremendously enhanced the drink’s flavor.
Tommy’s Margarita has a flavor of aged tequila with lip-smacking tangy lime, sweet agave nectar and a hint of smokiness.
New Era Drinks
- 60 ml Tequila Agave 100% Reposado
- 30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 30 ml Agave Syrup (1/2 Water + 1/2 Agave Nectar)
1. Rub the rim of the rocks glass with lime, dip the rim in salt to coat, and set aside.
2. Add tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar to the shaker with ice.
3. Shake until well-chilled.
4. Strain over fresh ice into the prepared glass.