Vegetable Burritos With Cheese and Pepper
Savor the delightful medley of fluffy scrambled eggs, roasted sweet potatoes, creamy avocado, and zesty peppers all wrapped in a warm tortilla for a flavor-packed vegetable burrito that’s a brunch sensation.
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium batata, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper, to your taste
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and ground pepper
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- hot sauce
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add garlic, onion, batata, red and green bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir it all to ensure it’s well-coated with the spices, then cover and cook for 11 minutes, occasionally stirring, until batata gets softer. Remove from heat.
2. Make scrambled eggs by whisking together the eggs, water, salt, and pepper. Heat it over medium-low heat. Cook until it becomes fluffy, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Assemble the burritos by laying out the tortillas and evenly distribute eggs and vegetables. Add 2 tablespoons of cheese and ¼ avocado to each burrito. Add hot sauce and salsa to your taste. Roll up the burritos.
4. Heat the assembled burritos by placing them on a baking sheet in the oven at 325 degrees for 6 minutes or simply microwave them for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with sour cream, greek yogurt, salsa or hot sauce. This recipe yields 4 burritos, but feel free to double it if you’d like more!