Asian Fried Peanut Chicken
October 9, 2023
Chicken breast browned on a skillet and tossed in peanut sauce with caramelized garlic, bell pepper, roasted peanuts and almond milk.
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon spicy pepper
For stir fry:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- roasted peanuts, fresh cilantro, hot salsa
- Cook quinoa in a pot with water, over high heat. Once water starts boiling, cover the pot, reduce heat to low and leave for 10 more minutes. After that remove from heat and set aside.
- For the sauce, whisk the powdered peanut butter together with almond milk, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Set aside too.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium high heat for a minute. Add chicken and cook for 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil to the skillet together with broccoli, bell pepper slices and edamame. Add salt and pepper. Stir-fry for 7 minutes.
- Add in peanut sauce and chicken, stir well. Reduce heat to medium low, add cooked quinoa and stir all together again.
- Garnish with cilantro, crushed peanuts and hot salsa.