Golden Soup With Turmeric and Chicken
Golden Soup With Turmeric and Chicken is a cozy and warming winter soup, flavored with ginger, garlic and coconut milk.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) canned chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro and green onions
1. Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeños and chicken breast. Fry chicken for 5 minutes, then add onion, red pepper and sweet potato.
2. Cook for 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add turmeric and stir again, so it would coat the chicken and vegetables.
3. Add chicken broth, chickpeas, peanut butter, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Stir well, then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to low and leave uncovered for 25 more minutes.
4. Decorate with cilantro and green onions.