Why Celery is Good for Weight Loss
Celery is considered a natural fat burner and a superfood beneficial for those seeking beauty and health.
Useful properties of celery
There are three types of celery: Celery Petioles, Celeriac (Root Celery), and Leaf Celery.
Celery Petioles: the most popular type, which is exactly the one often added to a weight loss diet. Celery Petioles has a lot of fiber, lowers cholesterol, accelerates wound healing, and copes well with puffiness.
Celeriac (Root Celery): contains vitamins C, A, B, E, as well as potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus. Helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, increases the overall tone of the body, efficiency, stimulates mental activity, improves memory. Root celery has good diuretic properties, removing toxins and excess fluid from the body.
Leaf Celery: regular consumption of celery leaves will help to cope with diseases of the cardiovascular system, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, enhances immunity, and also improves digestion.
Celery recipes for weight loss
Smoothie from celery, apples and spinach
- celery stalks — 2 pcs.;
- green apples — 1 pc.;
- spinach — 30 g;
- lemon — ½ pcs.;
- water — 100 ml;
- flax seeds — 1 tsp.
1. Peel and core the apple, wash the spinach and celery stalks;
2. Cut the apple and celery into small pieces;
3. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon;
4. Put all prepared ingredients in a blender bowl;
5. Pour in water and juice, whisk until puree.
Diet salad with celery and avocado
- avocado – 1 pc.;
- celery stem – 300 g;
- cucumber – 220 g;
- lemon juice – 1 tsp.;
- dill – 20 g;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp.
1. Cut the stalk celery and cucumber into half slices;
2. Chop the dill;
3. Toss celery, cucumber and dill in a salad bowl, season with salt;
4. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Make cuts in the pulp, first along and then across, not reaching the peel itself;
5. Remove the avocado cubes in a salad bowl, pour over the lemon juice. Season the salad with olive oil, stir.
Fried celery with cheese
- celery root — 200 g;
- grated hard cheese — 100 g;
- vegetable oil;
1. Peel the celery root and rinse it;
2. Cut the celery into strips;
3. Season the vegetable slices with salt and pepper;
4. Fry in vegetable oil;
5. Grate hard cheese on a fine grater;
6. Place hot celery in a plate, sprinkle with grated cheese on top;
7. Serve warm.
Eat celery will be just great for your weight loss challenge and the results will definitely surprise you. Bon Appetit!