How to Lose Weight in the Belly?
The first thing to start with is to realize that there is no weight loss diet for a selective or particular part of the body! With a calorie deficit, you will lose weight everywhere, and only after that you will see a noticeable change in the most problematic places, such as your belly, and this is a scientifically proven fact.
Why would you need it?
- Fat on the belly is much more dangerous than fat on the hips: it creates compression on the internal organs which complicates their normal functioning;
- Belly fat is one of the risk factors for heart disease;
- Visceral fat produces a large amount of RBP4 (Retinol-binding protein), which disrupts glucose metabolism and can ultimately lead to metabolic syndrome and type-2 diabete;
- Visceral fat stimulates the growth factor of fibroblasts, due to which the cells of the body can grow and turn into tumors;
- High percentage of visceral fat leads to high risk of senile dementia.
Causes of the excess belly fat
- Abuse of sugary drinks: sweet soda, fresh juices, latte (even if without sugar), a glass of milk at night. Remember — all calories from drinks are very easy to turn into fat!
- A lot of simple carbohydrates in the diet. What’s that? – All types of confectionery (a combination of sugar + fat is especially dangerous), white bread, white rice, cereal with milk and all quick breakfasts;
- Overeating. Excess food, even if it’s healthy, is inevitably deposited on different parts of your body;
- Lack of sleep and stress. It affects cortisol, which at an elevated level promotes the formation of fat in the belly;
- Late dinners. The Fashiongton Post advises not to eat food after 8 p.m. — the body and all enzyme systems also need the rest. Late dinners increase the risk of gaining extra pounds by 20%.
Diet for weight loss in the belly
- Understand your diet and optimize your nutrition. Make a list of the food that you eat and put “+” or “-” marks next to it. To remove the excess belly fat, you need to make a choice exclusively in favor of proper nutrition;
- Do not overeat! Control portions and frequency of meals. Chewing some snacks every hour is also bad and, in addition, increases your appetite;
- Drink water and eat more vegetables and greens;
- The only thing you should eat and drink after 8 p.m. is water!
Follow these simple tips from The Fashiongton Post, and very soon you will be pleasantly surprised by the results achieved!