The ketogenic diet (keto diet) — is a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein diet.
List of prohibited products:
– bread and bakery: white bread, whole wheat bread, crackers, biscuits, donuts and rolls;
– sweets and sweet foods: sugar, ice cream, candies, maple syrup, agave syrup, coconut sugar;
– sweetened drinks: soda, juices, sweetened teas, sports drinks;
– pasta: spaghetti and noodles;
– grains and grain products: wheat, rice, oats, breakfast cereals, flatbreads;
– starchy vegetables: potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin nuts, corn, peas, pumpkin;
– beans and legumes: black beans, chickpeas, lentils and kidney beans;
– fruits: citrus fruits, grapes, bananas, pineapple;
– high carbohydrate sauces: barbecue sauce, sweet salad dressings and dips;
– some strong drinks: beer and drinks with a high sugar content.
List of allowed snacks:
– almonds or macadamia nuts;
– cheddar cheese;
– guacamole with low-carb vegetables;
– a mix of unsweetened coconut, nuts and seeds;
– hard boiled eggs;
– coconut flakes;
– kale lettuce chips
– olives and salami slices;
– celery and pepper with cream cheese sauce;
– berries with heavy whipped cream;
– parmesan chips
– keto smoothies from coconut milk, cocoa and avocado;
– avocado and cocoa mousse.
Meal plan for the week
Breakfast: egg muffins with cheddar cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
Lunch: spicy cauliflower soup with bacon bits or tofu cubes.
Dinner: shrimp with garlic and greens with zucchini noodles (zoodles).
Snack: roast turkey, cucumbers and celery stalk.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs on stewed greens with pumpkin seeds.
Lunch: salad with mayonnaise, chicken, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, almonds and onions.
Dinner: beef stew with mushrooms, onions, celery, herbs and beef broth.
Snack: almond milk smoothie with nut butter, chia seeds and spinach, olives.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, broccoli and peppers.
Lunch: avocado and egg salad with onions and spices, served in lettuce leaves.
Dinner: Spiced chicken breast with cauliflower rice plus Brussels sprout salad.
Snack: slices of cheese and sweet peppers.
Breakfast: Almond milk smoothie with nut butter, spinach, chia seeds and protein powder.
Lunch: Shrimp and avocado salad with tomatoes, feta cheese, herbs, lemon juice and olive oil.
Dinner: steak with garlic butter, mushrooms and green beans.
Snack: boiled egg, linen crackers with cheese.
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, avocado and berries.
Lunch: grilled salmon with mixed salad and tomatoes.
Dinner: Chicken breast with mashed cauliflower and green beans.
Snack: greens chips, cheese slices and sweet peppers.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with hot peppers, green onions, tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
Lunch: Tuna salad with tomatoes, avocado and macadamia nuts.
Dinner: Pork chops with non-starchy vegetables.
Snack: a stalk of celery with a nut dip, a handful of nuts and berries.
Breakfast: yogurt with keto muesli.
Lunch: Beef burger without buns (replaced with lettuce) with tomatoes and guacamole plus coleslaw.
Dinner: fried chicken with mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers and homemade satay sauce.
Snack: Sugar-free jerky turkey, egg muffin with vegetables.