Intermittent Fasting, As The Favorite Diet Of Top-Models
Intermittent Fasting became one of the most popular diets yet in 2016 when being chosen by many top-models and movie industry celebrities. According to this diet, you can only eat at certain hours – only 4 hours during the day, or 8 hours, or 5 days a week. All the rest of the time – the complete absence of food, though you are still allowed to drink water, fruit or vegetable juices, or water with a slice of lemon.
The daily schedule for this diet is the following: 16/8 hours cycle for men, and 14/10 hours cycle for ladies. The fasting starts at 20:00 and ends at 12.00 on the next day (for men) or 10:00 on the next day (for ladies). During the whole day till 20:00 you can eat without any limitations but at 20:00 starts the next cycle of fasting. It turns out that men can eat during 8 hours and ladies during the period of 10 hours. As a result, you miss only breakfast, and no one forbids you to have your lunch, dinner and supper. The simplicity of this schedule makes it really easy to follow.
A well-known fact: when a person eats food, the body spends several hours digesting it. By burning calories obtained with food, the body receives the needed energy and fat reserves are not affected.
With the starvation phase’s start (when the person does not consume food and the there’s nothing to digest), the energy of vital activities begins to be “pulled out” from those fat reserves, since they can be the only and the easiest accessible sources of energy.
Reviews of the intermittent fasting lead to the conclusion that this type of nutrition contributes to the increase of mental activity, improves memory and overall performance, provides energy to the whole body and improves mood.
And in the end – some useful recommendations from The Fashiongton Post:
- Start the diet gradually and without fanaticism because only thus the intermittent fasting will bring you pleasure and become your your way of life;
- Drink plenty of still water. The moist state of the body will greatly facilitate the absence of food;
- Sleep enough, at least 8 hours a day;
- Treat the fasting with a positive thinking, not as some period of hardship but on the contrary – as the rest from food;
- Be busy. The easiest way to endure fasting is when you are not just sitting at home doing nothing and thinking about food, but when you are extremely busy solving various issues;
- If you combine intermittent fasting with physical exercises, you will achieve the best results in loosing weight. A light workout a couple of times a week is enough;
- During the exit of the intermittent fasting – eat light food (salads, fresh fruits, vegetables, cream soups, etc.). It is unacceptable to eat fatty and heavy food when exiting the fasting;
- And remember that everything is good in moderation. There are only a few people who benefit from prolonged fasting. An episodic or short-term fasting can have a greater benefit to the body.